So, it's Thuesday evening already. As a result of last Friday's party I've been exhausted for FOUR DAYS. We had great time, but maybe I should have drink less beer and apple cider :P Bleh. I've been considering becoming an absolutist, for serious!
As a birthday present I gave to my friend an etching print I had made at school 3 years ago.
For those who aren't familiar with that technique, here's how it is done:
- First a copper plate is covered with a waxy ground which is resistant to acid.
- Then artist scratches off the ground with a pointed etching needle where she/he wants a line to appear in the finished piece.
- The plate is then dipped in a bath of acid. The acid bites into the metal, leaving behind lines sunk into the plate. The remaining ground is then cleaned off the plate.
- The plate is inked all over, and then the ink wiped off the surface, leaving only the ink in the etched lines.
- The plate is then put through a high-pressure printing press together with a sheet of paper. The paper picks up the ink from the etched lines, making a print. The process can be repeated many times; several hundred copies could be printed.
|The print I've made|
|wrapped the present in paper with some other stuff|
I don't have much to say today, so I'll share some photos with you. Here are some of my latest purchases and other stuff! :)
|Some stuff I found from the book- and paper store sales!!|
|button tape! And a postcard with removable skull-stickers!!|
|Mariposa scrapbooking pad!! plus some beautiful postcards!|
And brads with 70% discount!!
|A bath towel I had ordered from an online store for Ruu arrived!|
I don't know which one loves it more; me or Ruu..!
|Great design on these energy drink cans!!|
|Ann-Marie sent me mail from her trip to Edinburgh!|
Such an awesome card and a £20 tissue!!
|Turbo the cat posing. Isn't that just a perfect pose or what?|
|Shadows on our kitchen wall|
|Some snow came down once again on the other day|
|A sticker sticked onto a switchboard locker near to us|
|Another sticker I pass quite often|
That's all for now, thank you for your attention. Have a nice week folks!